A Bread That's Made Out Of Veggies?
Vegetable Bread? Need we say more. This recipe is adapted from one of our favorite bloggers, Green Kitchen Stories, cookbook and is super easy and great for meal prep Sunday. Plus you get the benefits of veggies with a bread like texture!
- 1 large head of broccoli
- 4 free range eggs
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried shallot
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- few grinds of fresh black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200c).
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Clean and roughly chop your broccoli into florets and stem pieces. Using a food processor pulse the florets into a bread crumb like texture and poor into large bowl, follow with your stem.
- Measure roughly 4 cups of broccoli and place into a large bowl.
- Add 1 cup almond flour/meal, combine.
- Add spices, combine and taste for seasoning.
- Create a well in the center and add your eggs. Scramble the eggs and combine into a loose dough until incorporated.
- Spread onto a parchment lined cookie sheet into a large rectangle roughly 1/3 in thick.
- Put in oven for 25-35 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Cut into Slices and refrigerate.
Seasoning and Vegetable Options: You can try 1/2 cauliflower & 1/2 carrot, or 1/2 cauliflower & 1/2 grated beet. Try using 1 tsp of dried herbs for more versatility such as; thyme, rosemary, basil, tarragon.
In health and happiness,
Your Zura Health Family