Fermented Celery Juice
For the Love of Celery Juice
Thanks to @MedicalMedium, the morning celery juice has gone mainstream -- and for many beneficial reasons including removal of toxins, increased stomach acid production, liver cleansing properties and its nutrient dense make up of mineral salts. While there may not be celery juice benefits clearly documented in peer-reviewed literature there is plenty of antidotal evidence showing the affects that morning celery juice has in helping our bodies to promote healing. Placebo or not, were a big fan of veggie dominant juices in promoting health and wellbeing.
After playing around with our juicer, we came across the fermented guru, @jordiepieface's fermented celery juice and began to give it a go in our morning routine. It brings fermented coconut water kefir into the mix to provide a slew of healthy gut microbes to help our bacteria buddies thrive. So, when were needing an extra boost we give our juice a little gut-upgrade by adding some coconut water kefir.
Fermented Celery Juice Recipe
- 1 bunch of celery, washed (fresh and organic)
- 1 lemon
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1 small cucumber, peeled
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1 cup coconut water kefir
- Wash all ingredients thoroughly and prepare for juicer
- Juice or blend in Vitamix
- If using Vitamix, strain through a nut milk bag to remove the pulp
- Add coconut water kefir into juice and place in fridge
- Fresh juice consumed first thing in the morning (on an empty stomach) is preferred. You may eat 15 minutes after consuming. :)
Notes: You could just do celery and coconut water kefir, but we love the combo of other healing veggies too! Be sure to tag us in your creations @zurahealth so we can see how you celery juice!