Ep.003 Ending the War With Food & Our Bodies With Sam Skelly
Our relationship to our bodies and the food we need to fuel ourselves is at the foundation of our well-being. When we aren't eating foods that nourish us, it is hard to find harmony within our bodies.
To reclaim our power, and step into our fullness we have to take back control of the narratives we have around food, and the body we call home. Lets dive in and make that happen!
Notes from Show:
Coming back home to our bodies is a BOLD step on our journeys back home to our wholeness. The body is the one home we have on this planet, and we have been taught to feel ashamed of it through advertising and media since we were young children. At the root of the constant battle with food and the war with out bodies is the worthiness wound. The belief that who we are, how we look, and how we show up isn't good enough.
In this episode Sam Skelley gives us the tools we need to become aware of the beliefs that stand in the way of our self-acceptance and connection to our bodies. We talk about the emotions that drive our disordered eating habits, and the ways we can stop the patterns of destruction and instead FEEL and heal.
Samantha Skelly is an entrepreneur, motivational speaker, best-selling author, and emotional eating expert. As a leading authority on disordered eating and body image issues, Samantha has made it her life’s mission to empower women to overcome their struggles with food and body so they can live happy, authentic, and fulfilling lives.
In this episode we talk about:
- Her journey with her body and food
- Feeling stuck in a diet depression
- How we use personal development to avoid inner work
- What was at the root of her disordered eating habits
- The tools to connect us back into our bodies
- How we use food to protect ourselves from feeling pain
- Unpacking your story around your body
- Turning self-judgement into curiosity
- Healing happens at the intersection of darkness and grace
- Food is a door into a deeper healing journey
- Un-shaming our relationship to food
- Making space for PLAY!
Visit Site | Sam Skelly
Instagram | @Hungryforhappiness
Facebook | Hungry for Happiness